A 3-in-1 ultralight tarp big enough for some sprawl and light enough to go anywhere. Two colors gives a late-night reading side and a sleep in till noon side – You pick.
More than just a cool colored tarp, the Double Wide also sets up on the ground as an enclosed sloping A-frame tarp tent for colder nights or heavy weather. Just nasty weather? Setup the tarp as a fully enclosed hammock-tent, allowing you to literally hammock inside of a tarp tent. Velcro along the edges secures the “doors” when in tarp-tent modes. We’ve also incorporated a super strong tie-out design borrowed from sailboat sail construction and color coded guy lines to assist in quickly setting the ridge-line and staking out the extents. The 8 major stake out points have an elastic loop to keep the shelter taught and provide more flexibility when staking it out. Minimal water-absorbing material keeps the weight the same from trailhead back to trailhead. Comes with attached guy lines and auto-locking sliders, stuff sack and sealed seams. 8 ft x 10 ft. 16 oz.
Designed to be simple, versatile, durable, comfortable and ready to use out-of-the-box.
- Velcro end closure (for use when setup as a ground shelter) on both ends converts the tarp into a partially or fully enclosed tarp tent with a door
- High strength guy line tie out design, reinforced with seam sealer to protect threads and distribute load more evenly.
- Accessory loops along the ridge-line, positioned over the user’s face (where you might want to hang a headlamp). These interface with the bottomless bug net to create a simple and easy setup
- Color coded ridge-line guy lines. This makes finding the first two guy lines easy, and helps to make the overall setup time faster and require fewer adjustments
- Stake out loops in key spots allow easy staking, and the versatility of a ground shelter for more serious weather (precipitation or colder temperatures)
- Extra “buffer” space afforded by a tarp that is a comfortable size (8‘ x 10’) we’ve found that competitor’s tarps, even being 6”-12” narrower allow quite a bit more rain in at the head and foot area when setup as an A-frame hammock tarp. Moreover, as a ground tarp this allows the user to be comfortably out of the “rain splatter zone”
- Small silnylon stuff sack
- Comes complete with sealed seams, guy lines and auto locking plastic sliders. Most tarps like this require the customer to seal it and attach their own guy lines.
- Bi-color design allows a bright or shaded experience, all while looking awesome (we think)
- 16 oz.
Materials: 30 denier silicon impregnated ripstop nylon
Choose your tie-out line type:
- 1.5mm nylon sheath/spectra core lines (standard)
- 2.2mm Dyneema low stretch, high strength line. Minimal water absorption and reduced snagging on bark and pine-needles. (Add $15)